Join a discussion about cross-border journalism and listen to three journalists sharing their work on international stories, organized by the Polish media project Outriders in partnership with the Asociation of European Journalists-Bulgaria.
The ultimate aim of Outriders Network is to support good journalism. What does that mean? We want to create good, impactful and informed stories. We want to collaboratively tell them in their most suited multimedia form, we want them to spread and help people understand the world. We believe that good journalism is when the stories come first.
If you want to know:
- How to set up a remote team?
- How do your research and fit in a place that is new?
- What are the challenges of writing a story up with a diverse team of contributors?
Come and join us at Generator, Sofia for the upcoming speakers with our special guests:
- Ludo Hekman of the Lighthouse Reports, the Netherlands: “Collective aim / Rigid structures / True dedication. The case of #EUArms”
- Saska Cvetkovska, Executive director of the Investigative Reporting Lab - Macedonia and member of the board of directors of Organized Crime and Corruption Reporting Project: “Investigative reporting: The making off of a global movement”
- Simon Bowers, the UK based Simon Bowers, a UK based European Coordinator at the ICIJ: “Finding the right partners for your investigation. The case of Paradise Papers and the Implant Files.”
The talks are starting at 6 PM and will last 20 minutes each. Afterward, we will have time for a Q&A session and some networking. Prior to the meetup, we are going to host two focused workshops for 15 people each
- 2 PM - 3:30 PM: Jakub Górnicki: Workshop #1 in Sofia: Telling stories on Instagram
- 4 PM - 5:30 PM: Ludo Hekman: Workshop #2 in Sofia: Setting up remote teams & producing stories
The meetup and the workshops are free & open. PLEASE REGISTER FOR EACH EVENT SEPARATELY. The number of seats is limited!
This Meetup is organized with the support of Facebook Journalism Project and National Endowment for Democracy and in partnership with the Association of European Journalists - Bulgaria and Generator while preparing for that one.