- Environmental journalism grant open July 1, 2014 Journalists worldwide can apply for a US$3,500 grant to report on environmental projects and entrepreneurial ventures around the globe.
- Free course on data journalism starts on May 19 May 10, 2014 Journalists who want to incorporate data analysis into their reporting may take a free, online training. The Data Driven Journalism initiative, run by the European Journalism Centre (EJC), is offering a five-module course to teach journalists how to use data to enhance their storytelling.
- Conflict reporting seminar open May 8, 2014 Reporters with an interest in conflict journalism are invited to attend this conference in Israel. The Media in Conflicts Seminar (MICS) is an academic and professional communications program presented by the Interdisciplinary Center (IDC) Herzliya, Israel’s first private institution for higher education.
- Call for Outstanding Merits in Investigative Journalism Award May 7, 2014 The Award for Outstanding Merits in Investigative Journalism honours journalists who greatly contribute to investigative reporting, despite the difficult conditions under which they operate.
- Register for National Encounter on Media Diversity Inclusiveness and Journalism Training in London April 9, 2014 The National Encounter on Media Diversity Inclusiveness and Journalism Training - London (United Kingdom), 11-13 June 2014 will cross media literacy and journalism training approaches to contribute to diversity inclusiveness as a regular approach in the daily media work and support the pairing of participants to get involved in the European Exchanges of Media Practices (EEMPs).